If you love pizza, you know that there are a million different ways to make it. You can get it with thin crust or thick crust, plain cheese or loaded with toppings, and from almost any kind of establishment. But no matter where you get your pizza, one thing is for sure: it all starts with the sauce. A good pizza sauce is the key to a great pie, and while there are plenty of jarred sauces out there that will do the trick, nothing beats a homemade sauce made with fresh tomatoes. In this blog post, we will show you how to make your own delicious pizza sauce using fresh tomatoes from your garden or the farmer’s market.
Pizza is one of those classic comfort foods that everyone seems to love. And while you can get pretty decent pizza at most restaurants, there’s nothing quite like a homemade pie. One of the key components to any good pizza is the sauce. And while you can find some good jarred sauces at the store, there’s nothing quite like making your own from scratch. This blog post will walk you through how to make a delicious pizza sauce using fresh tomatoes. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a sauce that’s far superior to anything you’ll find in a jar. So let’s get started!
What You’ll Need
If you’re looking for a delicious homemade pizza sauce made with fresh tomatoes, you’ll need a few things:
-6-8 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
-1/2 onion, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 teaspoon sugar
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
This pizza sauce is made with fresh tomatoes, and it is so easy to make! You will need:
-1 1/2 pounds of fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
-1/2 cup of chopped onion
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
teaspoon of dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon of dried basil
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan, and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes. The sauce will be thick and chunky. If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can use an immersion blender to puree the sauce. This pizza sauce is best used right away, but it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you’re looking for a delicious pizza sauce with fresh tomatoes, you’ve come to the right place. This easy-to-follow recipe yields a flavorful sauce that’s perfect for your favorite pizza toppings.
1/2 cup diced onion
10 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided
The teaspoon sugar
tablespoon dried oregano
The tablespoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until softened. Stir in 5 cups chopped tomatoes, sugar, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Spread sauce over pizza crust. Add desired toppings and bake for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Baking the Pizza
Baking the pizza is simple once the sauce is prepared. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Take your pizza dough and shape it into a 12 inch circle. Place the dough on a greased pizza pan and spread the sauce over the top. Add your favorite toppings and bake for 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until tender. Add tomatoes, salt, sugar, oregano, basil, and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spread the sauce over the pizza crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crust is crisp.
Assuming you would like directions for the pizza sauce:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place tomatoes onto a baking sheet.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
4. Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly.
5. Transfer roasted tomatoes and juices into a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
6. Pour tomato puree into a saucepan over medium heat.
7. Mix in sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and black pepper.
8. Simmer sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
9. Pour sauce into a jar or container, and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Tips and Tricks
1. To make a quick and easy pizza sauce, start by peeling and dicing fresh tomatoes.
2. Add the tomatoes to a blender or food processor, along with some garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Blend or process the ingredients until they’re smooth, then taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
4. To use the sauce right away, simply spread it over your favorite pizza dough and bake as usual.
5. If you’re not planning on using the sauce immediately, transfer it to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week.
If you want to change up your pizza sauce, there are a few different ways you can go about it. One easy way is to swap out the fresh tomatoes for canned diced tomatoes. You can also add in some different spices or herbs, like oregano or basil. Or, if you want a bit more of akick, try adding in some red pepper flakes. If you want to make a white pizza sauce, simply omit the tomato paste.
When it comes to pizza sauce, there are endless possibilities for variation. You can use different types of tomatoes, add in additional spices and herbs, or even swap out the tomato paste for another type of pureed fruit or vegetable. The sky is the limit when it comes to creating your own unique pizza sauce recipe.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
– Use fire roasted tomatoes for a smoky flavor
– Add in garlic, onion, and/or other spices to taste
– Try using a different type of tomato paste, like sun dried tomato or roasted red pepper
– Stir in some chopped fresh basil or oregano at the end for a burst of flavor
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy pizza sauce recipe or one that uses fresh tomatoes, this homemade pizza sauce is the perfect option. It’s packed with flavor and can be made in under 30 minutes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra tomatoes you might have lying around. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!